being Mei

Take a moment to see the world through the Asian-peepers of Mei. It's just Mei being Mei no matter what. Rain or shine, this girl ain't giving herself up for anything.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

A post dedicated to Brain's exceptional work of art =)

Happy Birthday to me! :D Weeee...! Well that was like a month ago? Hahaha sorry peeps! Haven't been able to update! My most sincere apology :)


Anyway, my 22nd Birthday this year was nothing grand but was exceptional thanks to one of my bestie :D Cutie pie Brain Brain! :D



Oh and also Abbas for taking me out go makan during my break on my birthday itself :D Thanks abbys!! :)


My mum cooked my fav food too on my b'day! Was yummy! Thanks mum :) Gosh, I'm so blessed :)



Oh back to the present that Brain gave me :) I could guess it was a book inside eventhough Brain denied it *wink* *wink* The best part of the present was surprisingly not the present itself but the cover! Ok, the present itself was nice and thoughtful but the cover was even better :D Hehe...OH, no 2nd guess on what was inside....

A book o_O


Haha...Brain :P You can't beat my intelligent mind :D muahahahaha! xD








Source: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/kate-grenville/secret-river.htm


It's entitled the Secret River by Kate Grenville. It looks quite interesting although I have to admit I haven't read it yet (sorry Brain!) due to hectic schedules and procrastination! LOL.

I will read it during the holidays ! I hope I'll get the chance to dig in!

For those of you who are curious what this lil' book contains, you can check out http://www.curledup.com/secretri.htm



Back to the cover, I have some pics here (courtesy of Brain) to show you. I think a picture is worth a thousand words rather than me babbling here, trying to explain to you...Ahhhh...The blissfulness of modern technology =)




This is the front cover





And...The back cover!



As you can see, he made a cover resembling a book cover ! How awesome is that! Not to mention, the amount of butterflies imprinted on it is enough to satisfy my fetish for them. Well, for that moment anyway :P I give you props Brain for the fab cover! ME love!! =) =)


I hope you guys can click on the pictures to get a bigger view because it didn't seemed work on my previous posts. I wonder why. LOL! Gosh. I suck at this HTML stuff :P


HELP me fix this prob Brain or Abbys!! :D LOL!


Ok, that's a wrap! So Brain, I've kept my word! I wrote a post solely dedicated to your work! :D Hehehehehe.... :)


Ta!



No comments: